Saturday, November 14, 2009

Tis' the Season...Already?

Where the Wild Things Are....not exactly what I thought it was going to be but still an amazing movie filled with great cinematography and tons of symbolism. Good film Spike Jonez, good film. I also had the priveledge of seeing Saw 6. And lo and behold it was filled with more traps and twisted ways to kill people with bodies falling left and right bloody and distorted. yeah.... I can't believe I paid to see it, its all very predictable now.

Princess Tiana made her debute at the Magic Kingdom in preporation for her movie coming out in December. TV crews and media from all over flooded the Magic Kingdom. Princess Tiana rode in a horse drawn carriage down main street to Cinderella's Castle where a huge crowd awaited her. On the stage were all the Princesses and their Princes, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Jessie, Woody, Peter, Wendy, and other characters waiting to welcome her to the family. They had the royal guard read the proclamation when she arrived and a parade procession led her out. She started her meet and greets alongside her prince, Prince Naveen, and their show together called Tiana's Showboat Jubilee. It was a once in a lifetime thing to welcome a new princess to the kingdom. If you want to watch the proclamation which I reccomend, here's the link :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMFzEudzOZI&feature=fvsr

I also took my first beach trip since I've been down here to Clearwater Beach on the Gulf Coast. It took forever to find and was about a 2 hour drive but once me, Alexis, and Chris got there, we were in heaven, or at least I was. The sand was white and really fine and littered with sea shells. The water was nice and clear and we could see fish swimming all around. The weather was perfect a little cool but since the sun was out it made it nice and warm. We played football, layed in the sun with my ipod in, walked the beach for shells, and just relaxed. It was perfect and much needed until I returned to my car where I found a ticket on my wind shield for being ten minutes late to the meter. uggg, really? my first ticket and only cause I was ten minutes late! The parking lot was dead! Stupid cop.

I've spent a lot of my free days with my friend Melanie from work and she's just as character obsessed as I am only she has more! She has taken me all over to character spots I never knew about. We went to Animal Kingdom and got tons of characters and then headed over to Hollywood Studios where she showed us the Fantasmic Characters and had about 10-12 different characters come out per set with 2 different sets. On another day we headed over to Epcot and went around the world to find characters I hadn't met yet. We met Mulan in China, blue dress Belle with the Beast in France, and Snow White in Germany. While we were waiting for Snow White, which by the way I was wearing my new favorite Snow White shirt and a red bow in my hair, I recieved a compliment that said I looked just like Snow White which basically made my day. Then when she came out, they guy behind me said that I looked more like Snow White than she (snow white) did. My happiness increased X10. After we took our pictures the character attendant stopped and talked to me. She said "oh well you must be friends with somebody". Disney speak means "oh well you must play a character or be a princess". And I said no I'm just a CP. I work at Pizzafari. The character attendant told me that I should really attend auditions coming up because I definetly look like I could be a character. So we talked for about 10 minutes and I am thoroughly on a pixie dust high. And now I want to extremely audition but I have one problem. I have to go back to school in the sprin...no ifs, ands, or buts. So my solution? If I am chosen to become a character of sorts, I will go seasonal, meaning I only have to log 40hrs (which I could do in a week) a year. I could come down during Christmas break for a week and help out with the busy times. Auditions are this Thursday so I have until then to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment