Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Sum of October

All right, lets catch you up on the latest enstallment of the DCP: Chronicles of a Poor Slave. I'm kidding. October was Mickeytastic :)

October was filled with a bunch of spooktacular events such as Universal's Horror Nights and Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party. Horror Nights blew any old haunted house out of the water. The College Program sponsors housing events where they give a discounted price and transportation and sometimes meals. Basically they take care of everything. So Brunella and Pam and I took our purple wrist bands, hopped on the bus and bravely walked down City Walk to Universal Studios not knowing what to expect. Arm and Arm we reach the gates to be greeted by the undead. Ok not so bad. We grab a map and try to get an idea of what we are in for. The park has 3 types of activities: Haunted Houses, Scare Zones, and of course rides. Haunted Houses were themed mainly for movies like Dracula, Chucky, Wolf Man, and of course Saw. Scare Zones are areas set up throughout the park that you have to walk through to get from one place to another, they consisted of war zones, evil carnivals, apocolypes, diseased quarentine zones etc. And they had rides of Universal open but they weren't themed to halloween so it really didn't matter. The Haunted Houses were unlike any I've ever walked through. Its like you stepped right into the movie. So much detail went into setting it up and the actors were really good at popping around corners with chainsaws or warning you to stay away and even screaming for help. The scariest I would most definetly say would have to be the Saw house. Everything was themed just like the movie from the time you walked in all excited to the end where you stumbled out pale. When you enter, you enter into the lair and hq of Jigsaw himself, where camera's surround you as you watch people in their traps and if you pay close attention you see yourself on one of the tvs. As you continue, you encounter past trapped victims begging you for help, persons in pig masks jumping out and following you with knives and shots attempting to capture you. At one point we arrived at the girl who had to stick her hand in acid to get the key to her contraption. She was crying and pleading with us and she stuck her hand in the acid, attempting to grab the key, screamed and whipped her hand out, flinging whatever the "acid" was all over my face including my eyes. Thats when I freak out and am concerned about what was just flung all over me, so I'm not paying attention anymore when a guy with a chainsaw comes right around the corner as I turn it and completely catches me off guard. I fly back screaming hitting the opposite wall and taking Nella with me to the ground. We hurry out the exit as the guy with the chainsaw just stares at us, probably laughing hysterically on the inside. Best Haunted House Ever!! The scare zones were pretty creepy too. Themed just like the movies, the actors followed you around, crept up behind you, and jumped out of places you didn't know exsisted. They had diseases that made their faces melt off, limbs missing, and plenty of deadly weapons. When I walked through Lights, Camera, Hacktion, an actor thought it would be funny to follow me with a chainsaw. ok, i'm fine with that except he put it right up to my calves to the point where I could smell the gas and feel the heat and slight breeze from the running motor about to hack off my legs. It had me a little on edge. The rest of the night consisted of much of the same excitement. Universal, you have succesfully scared me.

Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween Party on the other hand was more of a fun, running around like a 7-year old hyped on chocolate kind of night. The roomies and I all dressed up and made our way to Magic Kingdom. Courtney and I were both fairies from pixie hollow, she was Tinkerbell and I was Fawn. Brunnella was Tiger Lily and Danielle and Alice. Courtney and I are character enthusiasts to put it lightly, and certain characters only come out for the Halloween party once a year, so the plan for that night was nothing but character hunting. We arrived and immediately took off. No joke, we literally ran around the park. We got Snow White and all 7 Dwarves, the Mad Hatter, Tarzan, Jane and Terk, The Queen of Hearts, The White Rabbit, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, Timon, Rafiki, Bullzeye, and other characters dressed in their Halloween outfits. The Hallowishes fireworks display was amazing. Not only did they light up the sky behind the castle but they took it to another level and they made the fireworks go off all around you around the park so you were surround by a spectacular light display. It inspired me so much, I now have the soundtrack to Hallowishes and the Boo to You Parade. Oh the parade!! It started off with the Headless Horseman riding through the park at a gallop. Do you know how hard it is to normally ride a horse with your head? This guy was at a full gallop, in the dark, with no head, carrying a pumpkin. I was completely in awe. The parade had all sorts of characters in their cute costumes, ghouls and ghosts dancing and stumbling down the parade route, and a variety of villians including the hyenias of the lion king and the sheriff of nottingham from robin hood. And at the end goofy rode in on a huge candy float and handed out loads of candy. Once the parade was over we tied up any loose ends character wise and hit up the trick or treat stations for some sugar intake. I'm pretty sure Halloween is my new favorite holiday :)

Let's see.....this month my sister also came and visited. Aimee had a quick, and when I say quick I mean less than 24 hr, business trip to orlando and just happened to be staying in a hotel only 10 mins away from me! I picked her up from her hotel after work and we went out to dinner at Disney's Boardwalk and had an amazing time catching up and just having the sister bonding I never had growing up. It was nice to actually sit down and talk about boy problems and open up. I hope we can do it again soon in the future.

I am also now an official magician's assistant. At Downtown Disney they have a shop called Magic Masters. You can go in and watch them do an assortment of magic tricks, ask questions, etc. Well one of the things that I've always wanted to do was to disappear or be levitated. So I asked one of the magicians if they do any of those things and if so I could be the volunteer. He said they do magic shows every once and a while and that they were doing one tonight where they could make me disappear and go to Tokyo Disney. Hell Yea!!!! So he told me that they would start off with some smaller tricks and when he asked for a volunteer to raise my hand and he would pick on me to disappear. So the show began and the audience was interested and when he called for the volunteer of course I raised my hand, was called on and taken back behind the glass/giant window, to the.....BOX. So I stepped in and he told me to wave to everyone and say goodbye because I was going to Tokyo Disney for the day. So I waved goodbye heard some gasps and I was gone. Tokyo disney was amazing. I couldn't understand anyone but the weather was great and I got some awesome suiveniers. I reappeared and it looked like I was only gone a few minutes but for me I spent practically a whole day in Tokyo. After the show was over I got a lovely certificate that made me a magicians assistant and free magic trick that I am now a pro at :) Look out Cris Angel, there's a new magician in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment