Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Internet back + free time = new post!

Wow, there is a lot to catch up on....lets see.

Well I went through traditions and training and it was all about learning the past, present, and future of disney and all about how it involves me. Basically just sitting in a class room for hours with the occasional trip to the computer lab to take online seminar type things to get us ready.

Being a new cast member has you getting lost pretty frequently, but that doesn't always mean its a bad thing. I was trying to get to the cast entrance to Magic Kingdom and hopped the A bus to Disney University and ended up following the whole crowd in MK uniforms off the bus and onto the VIP cast members only bus. And yes I was able to get on and backstage. This bus took us behind the magic kingdom and dropped us off at the infamous underground tunnels! Everyone got off there so we just once again followed the crowd and wandered into the tunnels pretending we belonged. Due to the "Preserving the Magic" clause, I am not at liberty to tell you what I saw down there, but I will tell you that it blew my mind. I also found out that if I get caught down there and I'm not working then I could be terminated and be forced to leave so I'm pretty sure I wont see those tunnels anytime soon.

I've been to every park at least twice and know a lot of the ins and outs and terminology. Everest, Soarin' and Toy Story Mania are my two favorite rides and highly recommend to anyone coming to visit especially toy story mania. Its like walking into andy's room as a toy! Its so cool have a night light as big as you hang on the wall above your head and be a life size player for the candyland board game. Rockin Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror are pretty amazing too, if they are working and not breaking down on you when you are the next person to get into a car.....just saying.

Hollywood Studios is quickly becoming my favorie park. Not only do they have my favorite rides but they have some cool characters wondering the streets and the Beauty and the Beast Theater show. We ran into one of the characters named Les Manly and he was a "police officer" on hollywood blvd. We talked to him and he began writing on his notepad and quickly issued me a ticket. I looked at it and he wrote me a ticket/warning for "stealing hearts". He told me I had to be careful and watch what I do to the boys because I could just look at them and BAM! they drop like flys. Best ticket I've ever gotten :)

The theater shows here are pretty amazing. I've seen Finding Nemo the musical and Beauty and the Beast. Finding nemo was really cute and Beauty and the Beast had me singing right along. Of course the Preston Posse in me kicked in and pretty soon I was counting the source 4s and par cans, looking at the gels, dreaming I could play with the sound and light board, and wondering how they got the subs that high up. Pretty much being a nerd :)

Speaking of Theater tech..... At our apt complex we live on the 3rd floor with one other apt on the floor. We finally met our hallmates and the boys are pretty cool. One of them, Cameron, has done the college program before and he was in food service also. He quickly became tired of flipping burgers and always vented to his manager how he was not here to be flipping burgers and didn't plan on doing this the rest of his life. So his manger arranged a meeting with a few of the head honcho's of the Disney Corporation! Some of the biggest names in Disney running the entire franchise today! They told him that he was moving up to an internship in Special Events basically help coordinate the parades, concerts, etc. He has met basically anyone associated with Disney so yes he has hung out with the Jonas Brothers and Miley Cirus. But we get along really well and I vented to him how I'm in the same situation. I'm basically in an entertainment major and I'm here in the College Program to expand on that but I can't do that when I'm serving Pizza. So he pulled some strings behind my back and left me a note on my door that said he contacted the head guy for the Theater Tech Dept at Disney and he wants to meet with me! So who knows, I might be working on the Nemo Show instead of serving pizza or who know where it might take me but its a foot in the door. Thank you Cameron!

Tonight is the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parade Preview for cast members only. The weather is supposed to be bad and its supposed to be chaos so I don't think I'm going to go. But thats probably a good thing because I have to be at work at 7 and I'm also auditioning for a face character, meaning, a Princess! I'm really nervous and I have no clue what they will be asking me to do but I'll never know unless I try and its been my life long wish to become Belle. So you never know, maybe dreams do come true

But I'm not holding my breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment